Crochet is my favorite summer trend. It has that 60s, hippy thing but it’s also very sophisticated and sexy. It’s so Brigitte Bardot, St. Tropez, rich and glitzy- but in relatable way. Your grandmother could have made your bikini. Good crochet pieces make everyone think that they can do it, too.
Anna Kosturova is ruling crochet this summer. The brand has long and short dresses, crocheted bell bottoms, shorts, and swimsuits. These pieces play well with others, and work on and off the boardwalk. Here are some fun ways to work crochet pieces into your summer wardrobe.
1. Accessorize with Primadonna’s bright Crinkle Crush Infinity scarf, Giverny painted floral straw hat, and Iconic aviator sunglasses. Arbonne Made in the Shade SPF 15 self-tanner helps protect you from the sun while burnishing your skin with a healthy glow. Cat Footwear’s Zosia sandal is a no-brainer comfy classic that goes with everything. Crochet pieces: Lattice Maillot monokini, Aztec Stripe string bikini and the cropped Diamond pattern top from Anna Kosturova.
2. The floral pattern hat is back with a peach Crinkle Crush Infinity scarf and Felice square cut sunglasses from Primadonna. Desigual’s Colour fringed leather cross-body bag picks up on the colors in the hat, scarf, and retro styled Mika halter top and Miranda side gathered bottom from Wet Swimwear. Crochet piece: Manor shell from Anna Kosturova.
3. A funky edgy/artsy look revolves around the Mikayla halter top with mesh insert and Harmony bottom with mesh side inserts from Cami and Jax. The Felice square cut sunnies and Raining Chains earcuff are from Primadonna, and the red leather bracelet with interchangeable snap on charms is from Chuck-Chuck. Carry a tin of Jurlique’s Love Balm in your beach bag for lips and elbows, along with a few Lauren Napier Cleanse wipes to freshen up in the heat. Cat Footwear Zosia sandals, stylist’s own bangles. Crochet pieces: discount store hair net, Punta Mita beaded top by Anna Kosturova.
4. Desperately seeking fun in this 80s influenced outfit. Glam it up with Rimmel London Scandaleyes mascara and Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick in Fiery. Felice square cut sunglasses with studs from Primadonna. Aqua Leila athletic top with string back detail from Cami and Jax, silver cotton foil stretch short from S.I.L.K New York. Leather belt from Ann Taylor, black wood tusk necklace from Forever 21, stylist’s own hoops. Spray yourself with the original Daisy formula for a fresh, floral finish. Crochet pieces: discount store crochet hair net, Diamond crop top from Anna Kosturova.
5. A casual, rich boho look. Iconic aviator shades from Primadonna hooked onto the fringed leather Desigual Colour cross-body bag. Crisp white shirt from Unique Thrift, Cami and Jax Leila bikini top and Anuhea bottom. peach Crinkle Crush Infinity scarf, Raining Chains ear cuff, and burnished gold Vintage Tusk ring from Primadonna, stylist’s own snakeskin printed studded cuff from Crosssroads Trading. Tan before you hit the beach with St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse and Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturizer. Treat sweat induced pimples with Bullet Acne Aid. Crochet piece: Anna Kosturova’s Antoinette short.
6.Easy style, for a day of sightseeing or a night of dancing and drinks. Lightweight denim shirt from Nella Fantasia. Big Bang Sparkle Collar statement necklace, Felice square cut and Roman cateye sunglasses, burnished gold Vintage Tusk ring, and electric blue Anatomy cutout clutch from Primadonna. Weavement sandals from Cat Footwear. Beautifeel laceless oxfords and L’Autre Chose t-strap wingtip stack heel shoes from Underground Thrift Store. Counteract sun damage by washing with Jurlique Soothing Foaming Cleanser and using Nugg Beauty’s anti-aging mask with vitamin B3 and white tea extract. Make Up Forever Aqua Matic crease-proof eyeshadow pencil is perfect for non smudge summer makeup. Crochet piece: Antoinette short by Anna Kosturova.
7. Pretty with bite. Silk and cotton tweed jacket from S.I.L.K. New York, distressed light wash jeans from Guess, Weavement sandals from Cat Footwear. Burnished gold Vintage Tusk ring, Raining Chains earcuff, Roman cateye tortoiseshell sunglasses, and Anatomy cut-out clutch by Primadonna. Chain belt is actually the detachable strab from the clutch. Give yourself a heatproof style with Fudge Urban’s Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Styling Mousse. Nugg Beauty’s hydrating facial mask replaces moisture drained by chlorinated pools and saltwater swimming. Carry a pretty tube of Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar super hydration handcream, just in case. Crochet piece: Manor shell by Anna Kosturova.
Stay tuned, more ‘Summer Must Haves’ are on the way!