I am a ‘treat yoself’ kinda person, so while I guess it would be fair to do presents for guys? You need to go to a men’s blog for that.
I emailed and begged and harassed pr people across America and came up with some awesome goodies that would make the perfect treats for you. Rest assured that unless otherwise noted all goods are Sassy Tested and Sassy approved.
1. Loving this Ink Liner from Makeup Forever ($23) for flirty cat eyes that go perfecty with Kiss Products fluttery false eyelashes ($3.99). Pump up the volume on your real lashes with Ellis Faas E401 mascara in E401 ($34).
2. I love these Kisstixx ($5.99), which I got in a PinchMe box at the Anniversary party. One lip balm is sweet and the other is sour- put your SPF 15 coated lips together to create a whole new flavor. Cute, cheap and fun.
3. Violets and roses abound… literally give love with Jurlique’s Love Balm ($10) which smells heavenly and moisturizes winter dry lips. Boscia’s pretty violet packaging is wrapped around Peppermint Blotting Linens ($10) which help you stay fresh and pretty by soaking up excess oil and cutting down on facial shine. How awesome would eyes framed with purple lashes? This Arbonne Royal Purple mascara is discontinued, but Sephora caries a wide range of them. Play up those eyes with Origins Peeper Pleaser powder eyeshadow ($17.50), deep color for defining creases or creating a violet-hued smokey eye.
Yum! 1. Yes, I still have my sample of DKNY MYNY! (starting at $24) I love the sexy scent with topnotes of raspberry and pink pepper. Kat Burki‘s Ile de la Cite inspired Tuberose ($115) is a soft romantic scent that slowly seeps into your heart. I black/white/red image on the bodycology Scarlet Kiss fragrance mist ($3.97), it’s so 50 Shades, right? A great fresh smelling blend of pomegranate peach and warm vanilla.
2. The Parisian Charm fragrant body mist ($6.99) from classic brand Calgon is an enchanting and not overly sweet floral that smells rich without the big price tag.
3. My idea of the perfect present? Get a heartstrewn giftbag from some place like Deals and fill it with love. An Ariel charm necklace from ShopJacqueline Rose ($115) with it’s warm rose quartz agate stone is string on a 14k gold filled chain and is named for ‘the ultimate humanian archangel’. Include a faceted glass bottle of Kat Burki’s Tube rose ($115) and a bottle of Jurlique’s Rosewater Balancing Mist ($35). This is basically what I would get myself- and probably some lingerie from Intimacy.
If you’re not into spraying on fragrance, or if you like to layer your scents there are matching body lotions available for my three new favorites:
1. Calgon Parisian Charm skin moisturizing body cream ($6.95) is so thick and rich you would swear it costs twice as much. You end up with the softest skin- creamily soft. I’d say this is a bargain and a #winner and a #winter2015musthave. You get so much for the money.
2. If you love the Tuberose eau de parfum, than you definitely want Kat Burki’s Tuberose body creme ($62), which you massage in after taking a bath. It’s almost hedonistically moisturizing but without being greasy.
3. bodycology offers the Scarlet Kiss moisturizing body cream ($3.97) in a fun, sexy package just naughty enough to appeal to those 50 Shades of Grey fans.
1. This gorgeous Chloe and Isabel Crystal Strand Statement ($58)headband/hairband is also a necklace- and so princess. It doesn’t squeeze your head and looks super cute with braids. Ok, my friend Kelly Hodrick who sells Chloe and Isabel these gave me it to me. AND I LOVE IT.
2. Sparkly little rhinestones are entwined with the cloth band of this Nolita watch from Rumbatime ($60) which of course makes it completely perfect. You can be casually glam, my favorite thing.
3. This is one of my favorite brand gifts from last Holiday Season. This Lisa Hoffman goldtone chain link bracelet ($65)features a disco ball of a sparkly pendant that you can detach and it comes with 6 fragrances to mix and match. It has this fun retro feel and it goes with everything.
Stuff that sticks in my head…
1. A sweet card with gold hearts and lettering? Yes, please! 2. I’ve actually used the Equitance product sampler kit and it’s a sweet deal for $37. You get a lot of the cleanser and toner in perfect gym sized packaging.
Shameless self promotion! I actually designed this heart graphic made of tiny stars for Valentine’s Day. You can get it on a phone case, tanks and tshirts, and it looks super sweet on this totebag. Check out my store at society6.com/SassyEthnicBohemian and for these and other exclusive sassy designs.
2. You can put it into this new accessory from my fave independent designer Jacqueline Ranieri of Shop Jacqueline Rose. This is not just a clucth, but a sweet crossbody that barely weighs anything and enhances your outfit. She gave me this one yesterday and everyone wanted it. The clutch with sparkling healing gemstone on the front is $45 and should be available online soon.
3. You can also store your Oscar de la Renta Oscar Flor ($78) is isnpired by gardens and features ingredients like mango and neroli in the top notes, with a hint of sweet jasmine and musk.
Decadent, luxurious, sensual lingerie from Harlow and Fox? You need it whether you have a Valentine or not. This is from the Augusta Scarlet collection, fringed robes, and garter belts in sensuous scarlet silk. *Designed specifically for sizes DD-GG.
Happy Valentines Day, everyone!
xoxo, Faith/Sassy Ethnic Bohemian