I decided that 6 categories is way to OCD and I was just overthinking and had to get a grip. I mean, they’re beauty products! I need to stop tripping and just grind it out. So after tinkering and re-shooting (I’m relying on my cell phone camera so, bear with me!) I finally got it together.
So. I divided everything into logical categories starting with…
Cleansers (and exfoliation agents):
1. Red Door SpaProfessional Products Calming Gel Cleanser– warms as it touches your skin, washes off all the yuck and leaves a clean playing field. Jurlique Soothing Foaming Cleanser– washes you clean without stripping your face. Red Door Spa Professional Products Lemon Burst Polishing Scrub– gently scrubs away grime to reveal fresh skin ready for moisturizing or a facial.
2. Derma/e– this brand is EVERYWHERE lately. I first encountered them at the Beautypress Spotlight Day event where I was given the Firming DMAE Moisturizer. I met them again at Simply Stylist NY’s event at the Park Central Hotel. There I received the Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Handcreme (stellar) and the Microdermabrasion Scrub. Derma/e is normally sold at heath food stores like Whole Foods or online, so you may not have heard of it. At the moment, I’m definitely gaga over the hand creme. It softens instantly.
3. Rodial Super Acids X-Treme After-Party Scrub– this is a 3-in1 product designed to get you up and glowing whether you like it or not. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m super curious! I’m not worried about the fruit acids, but I am wondering about the beads… #staytuned Murad Skin Smoothing Polish: It’s pretty and pink. I will put it in my rotation, but again, I haven’t tried it. It’s a ‘rich creamy polishing scrub [that will] remove embedded impurities. Origins Modern Friction: this can work as a scrub or a mask. I like to leave it on for 5 minutes, then wash it off in the shower. It ALWAYS works, and I’ve been using it since getting my first sample at Birchbox lounge back in September 2013. Derma/e Microdermabrasion Scrub– untried, but has won awards and is supposed to buff skin and ‘help to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars’.
1. Red Door Spa Professional Products Calming & Soothing Mask– leaves skin looking poreless, definitely use along with the Soothing & Calming Moisturizer. A genuine gem of a mask. The Origins GinZing Refreshing Face Mask– in between events? Have just half an hour between getting home and going out? Try this. Smooth on to your face, take ten minutes to relax, then tissue off. It wakes up your skin and leaves you feeling a little better equipped to run back out into the fray.
2. Sulwhasoo Snowise Ex Brightening Mask– worth looking like Hannibal Lecter. The results are startlingly immediate. I had three, used one, gave away one- and am hoarding this one in case of an aging emergency.
3. I got this SK-II facial Treatment Mask free at MBFW. they only gave me one, and this is backup should the Sulwhasoo mask dry out. They rubbed a little bit of the serum on my hand and it did soften instantly. I was impressed- but… why waste it all at once, right? Deep in the winter? I will need this.
1. The Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Recovery Masque– pleasant and soothing floral scent and a mask that hydrates your skin as you sleep? A no-brainer splurge. #winner
2. Glam Glow‘s YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment and ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment are the dynamic duo of skincare. After treating your skin to a deep cleansing (as shown on our lovely model in photo 3, lol) you can actually use the ThirstyMud as a moisturizer- the hydrating treatment can be left on to work it’s magic, just tissue off the excess and rub it into your skin.
1. Saving the best for last… Bullet Acne Aid isn’t exactly a mask for your whole face? More like a pimple mask that gently dissolves your blemishes. Just a little dab on your pimple, re-apply as necessary- that pimple will disappear. Guaranteed. I’m gonna skip to MD Complete to get it out of the way- The Skin Clearing Non-Irritatiing Pro Peel wasn’t my favorite. I feel as if, after I used it my skin was worse. Not worth it.
1 & 2. Luckily? I received two jars of Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask, and used one all up. This product is insanely good. Made from all natural ingredients in vermonth, this mask smells heavenly and leaves you with soft refreshed skin that looks years younger. This photo is from the first time I used it- I don’t look like that anymore. It was the start of my summer skin renaissance.
This is enough for one post. I’m leaving skin and body moisturizers and self-tanners for the next installment. Stay Tuned!
xoxo, Faith/Sassy Ethnic Bohemian